Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hand Print Flower Pots

I'm taking a small break from Halloween decor to share a flower pot my Little's and I made for Grandma.  So simple, and Grandma adores it, of course! 


What You Need:

Any size Terracotta pot and base (we used a medium size)

Paint designed for outdoor use (found at any craft store)

Paint brush

Sealer

Little hands and feet

Potting Soil

Plant




1) I choose to paint the outer rim of the base plate and the top rim of the pot. This isn't necessary, but I think it makes it all look nice and neat. Let this dry.


2) Paint little hands and feet and press on to the pot in any design you like. Allow to dry for 24 hours.

3) Spray sealer. I did two coats, letting it dry between each one. This may not be necessary, since we are using outdoor paint, but it can't hurt! Allow to dry completely, according to directions on sealant used.

4) Plant your chosen plant in the pot, and enjoy!



Ignore the bottom of the pot... this one has been outside for the last month, and obviously needs a good cleaning! :)

Linking up to:
Get Your Craft On Thursday, Cheap Thrills Thursday, Transformation Thursdays, Strut Your Stuff Thursday, It's Party Time, A Crafty Soiree, Make It Yours, Hooking Up With HOH, I'm Lovin It Fridays, Weekend Waunder

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I'm sure it's one of grandma's little treasures. I used to wonder why my mom kept every little thing we made, but now I get it. My little monkey gave me a dandelion the other day and I wanted to frame it! LOL. Thanks for linking this to Weekend Wander!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you at A Crafty Soiree! That is just too cute, I really like how you alternated the hand and foot prints. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing you next time too:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Let me know what you think! I read each one, and do my best to reply to them all or follow you back to your blog as well!!