I love these, and best of all, so does my Boo! Which is important since they were made special just for him!
I didn't take pictures during the creativity process (Opps!!) and I pretty much was just winging it... but I think they turned out cute. I have seen various "taggie" items all over the web. They are pretty simple (and quick) to make, and I think I may have just found my new favortie go-to baby gift!
What you'll need:
Material (size will vary depending on what you are wanting to make)
Ribbon (can match or not, can vary or all be the same)
Pins to hold it all together
Cotton filler (if making the toy version)
Large bells (if making the toy version)
What I did (just remember, I was winging it!):
1) Cut your material to the size you like. You will need matching pieces.
2) Line these two pieces up with the right sides facing in... you will be sewing this inside out... just like a simple pillow.
3) Cut your ribbons to size (I found the 2 inch ribbon sections work well). Fold these ribbon pieces in half and decide where you want these placed on your material. I placed the ribbons so that about 1/2 in remained on the inside and 1/2 inch on the outside. (Remember, they're folded in half.)
4) Pin the ribbons in place and the material together.
5) Sew. Remember to leave a small section to turn the material right side out.
6) Flip the material right side out. The handle of a long wooden spoon is great for pushing out your corners.
7) If you are making a blanket, turn the unsewn section in and stictch. I choose to run a stitch around the outside of my blanket (you can see it in the above picture). I felt like it help secure the ribbon a little more and just looked pretty. :)
8) If you are making the pillow toys, stuff the toys and then fold the fabric in and stitch.