Monday, September 20, 2010

If you ask you will receive...

My aunt turned 56 last week, and she jokingly asked my dad the week before that for a three tier cake. She told him she had never had a fancy cake before, and (thinking that he would never really make it) even specified what type of cake she was wanting for each tier.  He of course wanted to make this happen, and soooo....

The cake was finally all put together at my aunt's house and I think it turned out pretty good considering I've never done this before!  :)  I kept it super simple, and (shhhhh!) used all boxed cake mixes and icings!  But it was still delish!  Layer one was a four layer marble cake with chocolate butter cream icing...



Layer two was a 4 layer coconut cake with white coconut icing...


And layer three was a three layer Funfetti cake for the kiddos...




Over all I think it went over well... and my aunt's surprised reaction was more then worth the work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Let me know what you think! I read each one, and do my best to reply to them all or follow you back to your blog as well!!