Friday, September 10, 2010

Yes, I know it's forever...


A year ago, on September 4th, I gave birth to my beautiful, perfect baby boy.  I was, of course, instantly in love... but after a few long months I started to feel a little overwhelmed... it finally hit me, I am a mother of THREE kids... and I was barely 23!  When did that happen??  The young, wanna be cool side of me started to need an escape...

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mean I wanted to run away and leave my family (most days I don't anyway!), but I wanted to remind myself what being young was all about.  I am a young adult.  I am a college student!  I am a woman!!  Not just a mommy.  And so the edges of rebelion crept in...

Everyone who knows me knows I'm terrified of needles.  But the word tattoo popped into my head one day and just never went away.  I started browsing tattoo ideas online... I started talking to my husband about where I shoudl get one... I told my best friend we were going out one night, to dinner... and to get a tattoo!  I don't think she beleive me at first, but being the bestie she has always been she was ready for anything. 

I think that was my first real "step away from being a mom" moment in the past four years.  And it felt wonderful.  That was six months ago, and I still get a little thrill every time I get a climpse of the black scrolling pattern across my left hip...

Now, every time someone else gets a climpse of it, I here the standard "Oh My God!", "What did you do?", and my favorite,  "You know that is forever, right?

LOL... it is?  Really? Are you sure?  :)  I'm loving it...

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Sexxay ;-) I want one SO bad, but Rob won't let me. Yeah, I know, it's my body...honestly, it's not worth the shitstorm I'd get hit with if I got one anyway. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cort! I love it. Mando always said he wouldn't want me to have him but I convinced him, and now he loves it too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Let me know what you think! I read each one, and do my best to reply to them all or follow you back to your blog as well!!