Saturday, September 18, 2010

Go on, try not to cry!

I'm going to call this one a Must Read for Parents.  I was lucky enough to chance across this post, and it brought tears to my eyes.  Maybe it's just me and I'm just at one of those points in my life where these words truly spoke to me.  But whether that is true or not, the words that Fonda has written here are true and touching.

So go read
Holding On and Letting Go over at tweenstoteens.  :)

A small exert:

"But you only get this part...this holding on...by letting go.
And it's scary because you are never sure that if you let go, they will come back to you.  There is a moment of free choice where they could choose to run far and fast.
But you hold your breath and take the risk.  And their turning to you is so much sweeter than your holding on."

On a side note - I think Saturdays are from this point on going to be "Share-a-post Saturdays".  There are so many great bloggers out there, and I'm always finding posts I want to share with others!  So thanks Fonda for inspiring something new! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Let me know what you think! I read each one, and do my best to reply to them all or follow you back to your blog as well!!