Monday, September 13, 2010

Just upping the cuteness ratio in the bloggasphere...


First of all, I should apologize, because the closer we get to the holidays the more this blog will probably be taken over with recipes, fun food ideas, and crafts.  I love this time of year!  Halloween is the favorite holiday in our house (at least for the kids and I) and we go all out... I'm not the only one already planning for Halloween am I? lol. 

Back to the post subject.  Are these not the cutest cupcakes?  I fell in love.  I instantly knew that these had to be the cupcakes I made for my little guys first birthday.  We had his party before his actual birthday and it was Curious George themed with an awesome monkey cake made by the awesome pastry chef over at http://www.four0seven.com/.  But he of course needed something to celebrate his actual birthday with!  And this cupcakes did the trick!



What you'll need:

Cupcakes
Chocolate Icing
Star tip for icing
M & M's
NutterButter Cookies
Nilla Wafers
Red or Orange gel icing
Black get icing


What to do:

1. Cut NutterButters in half and separate sides
2. Cut approximately 1/4 of Nilla Wafers off to form mouth area
3. Ice cupcakes (don't ice to far ahead, if the icing begins to harden things won't stick!)
4. Place cookies and M & M's on cupcake as shown above
5. Draw on mouth and eyes with gel icing as shown
6.  Pipe on hair with star tip

Super easy and oh so worth the time!  I recommend putting the faces on shortly before serving, because the cookies soften quite a bit as the sit due to the moisture content in the icing. 
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Let me know what you think! I read each one, and do my best to reply to them all or follow you back to your blog as well!!